The Matilda Centre for Research in Mental Health and Substance Use, the University of Sydney (formerly the NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, UNSW Sydney).
The Cracks in the Ice app provides trusted, evidence-based, and up-to-date information and resources about crystal methamphetamine (ice) for the Australian community.
Key information areas include:
1. Get the facts about Ice
2. What are the effects of Ice?
3. Staying safe
There are also targeted resources available for specific groups including families and friends of someone using ice, health professionals, schools, and community groups.
App features include:
• Trusted, evidence-based information about crystal methamphetamine (ice) for the Australian community
• Search content with ease to quickly find all the relevant information you are looking for
• Get notified about the latest evidence-based information about crystal methamphetamine (ice) as it breaks
• Share relevant information with friends and family
• Save information and resources to read later
• Access key information, resources and functionalities even when offline (note, some features and external web-links will still require internet access to function).
- Increased knowledge of the facts about ice, including how many people use it
- Understanding the physical and mental effects of ice
- Awareness of how to get help for problems with ice, as well as how to help a loved one
Page last reviewed: 8 April 2019.