This booklet series was funded by the Australian Government and developed by:
- NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use
- National Drug & Alcohol Research Centre, UNSW
- National Drug Research Institute at Curtin University.
This information booklet is part of a series developed for teachers, parents and students. The Teacher booklet was developed to provide:
- Accurate evidence-based information about illegal drugs, their use and effects;
- Guidance about how to talk to a young person about illegal drugs, and ways to protect students against drug use and related harms;
- Information about how to help someone who has taken an illegal drug;
- Information about school-based drug prevention programs that have demonstrated positive outcomes in Australia.
This booklet was developed following expert review by researchers at the NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use, the National Drug & Alcohol Research Centre and the National Drug Research Institute.