This booklet series was funded by the Australian Government and developed by:
- The Matilda Centre for Research in Mental Health and Substance Use (formerly the NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use)
- National Drug & Alcohol Research Centre, UNSW
- National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University.
This information booklet is part of a series developed for teachers, parents and students. The Parent booklet was developed to provide:
- Accurate evidence-based information about illegal drugs, their use and effects;
- Guidance about how to talk to a young person about illegal drugs, and ways that parents can protect against drug use and related harms;
- Information about how to help someone who has taken an illegal drug.
This resource was developed following expert review by researchers at the Matilda Centre for Research in Mental Health and Substance Use at the University of Sydney, the National Drug & Alcohol Research Centre at the University of New South Wales, and the National Drug Research Institute at Curtin University.
The previous edition of this booklet was updated in October 2019 to access the archived version click here
Page last reviewed: 7 November 2019.